Tuesday, December 31, 2013

NFL Playoffs

NFC

San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers
The 49ers should be able to win this game without problem.  The Green Bay defense is simply too weak to keep up.  Not just the talent on the field but Green Bay will be thoroughly outcoached by Harbaugh and staff.  I don't think even Rodgers can bail them out of this one.    Niners by 4.

New Orleans Saints vs Philadelphia Eagles
I dont think the Saints will have too much problem taking care of the Eagles.   Eagles have the worst passing defense in the league.  Kyle Orton had 65% completion with 358 yards, 2 TDs, and 2 Ints.  Brees should have a field day.  While I don't trust the Saints run-d and their ability to stop McCoy, I'll take the Saints offense over the Eagles offense any day. Saints by 7

AFC

Kansas City Chiefs vs Indianapolis Colts
The Colts' success purely depends on the success of the pass-rush.  Their pass-rush is how they were able to beat all the great teams that they did.   If they haven't earned your respect after beating KC, Denver, SF, and Seattle, I don't know what else you want.  Luck is still developing but clearly he has the clutch gene.   I think the linebackers are fast enough to keep up with charles, and I think the pass-rush can obliterate Alex Smith.  I love the KC defense, but I simply don't think Alex Smith has it in him to perform in the clutch.  I think this will be a close game that comes down to the end.  Colts by 2.

San Diego Chargers vs Cincinnati Bengals 
While the Chargers have upset ability, I don't think the Bengals will lay an egg at home.  People love to criticize Dalton but don't realize how good the defense actually is.   5th in the league in rushing defense, 5th in the league in passing defense.   Put Dalton's inconsistency up against the Chargers' 29th ranked passing defense, and he should be okay for this game.  Bengals by 4.

No comments: